Eyelash loss (Madarosis) can be a devastating consequence of injury or sometimes with no obvious reason. At Skin and Follicle we have a team that has been trained in the management of this complex problem.
In this surgery, hair is harvested from a suitable donor site, and through a specialised technique, each hair follicle is transplanted into the eyelid to create a new eyebrow. The result is immediate and you will be able to see it in the clinic.
“I had a wonderful experience with Dr Reza ... I definitely will be recommending this to anyone who needs it.”
“Sindy was lovely, very professional and informative - I definitely recommend her and will be returning.”
“I had my hair treatment with Dr Kenneth Kok. He is an amazing surgeon using the latest Artas Robot machine....I am so pleased with my results. Highly recommend.”
“It's been brilliant coming here! They are all very welcoming, it's in a great location, and the treatment I'm receiving (laser hair removal) works wonders.”
“Lovely facial and was given good advice about small changes I can make to my skin routine.”
Frequently Asked Questions
There are number a number of causes for eyelash loss, these include:
- Alopecia Areata – a disorder in which the immune cells attack the hair follicles causing them to fall out.
- Allergies – for example to mascaras. They can cause dermatitis or conjunctivitis.
- Blepharitis – most commonly caused by a bacteria infection. It can be the due to blockage of the eyelid’s oil glands.
- Chemotherapy – usually it is not permanent but it can be permanent in rare cases.
- Trichotillomania Tangle – in this condition, the sufferer pulls out his or her own hair.
- Thyroid Conditions – this can be due an overactive or underactive thyroid glands.
- Natural Eyelash Loss – eyelashes like scalp hair falls and regrows.
This depends on the cause and how quickly you want a result. At Skin and Follicle will be able to assess your condition of eyelash loss and advise you. We may recommend certain hygiene regimes or some topical treatments. In some cases eyelash transplant is the best or only solution to treat eyelash loss.